I have an official release date for Andy Squared! It’s so exciting, because it’s like finding out when my child is going to be born. In fact, it’s exactly eight months from today!
September 18, 2012 will be when Andy Squared is available in bookstores and on the Bold Strokes Books website.
I thought I would do a little reflection post on what 2011 was like for me, and what I hope 2012 will be. There are a lot of things both good and bad, and I’ll try not to focus on the bad. 🙂
(None of this is in order because all things are relative to the situation and that point in time.)
- Andy Squared was picked up for publication by Bold Strokes Books after multiple agent rejections.
- I was in an amazing relationship for almost half a year, but after that time he decided I was not the one for him, even though I felt he was the one for me. It’s like that Adam Lambert song, “Sleepwalker.”
- I started teaching seventh grade along with my eighth grade students. Fun times!
- I picked up the new, fun hobby of letterboxing. It’s been a while since I’ve gone out, but hey! It’s colder.
- I read 105 books!
- I lost my job at Borders when they closed ): but I worked there for a wonderful 6 years.
- I made some new friends, lost some old ones, but in the end I’d say it’s fairly balanced.
- Andy Squared will be published by Bold Strokes Books under their Soliloquy YA line!
- I get to work with an amazing editor and talk to awesome authors.
- I will be moving to a new school at the end of the year because my school is closing. Where I’ll be going, though, I have no idea.
- I hope to move out of my parents house and find my own home, be it an apartment, condo, or house.
- Did I mention Andy Squared will be published?
What are you looking forward to in 2012? What are you happy to say goodbye to from 2011? Let’s all stay safe, happy and healthy this new year! I’m starting it off cleaning out my old junk and organizing myself.
I’m very excited to announce that it is official! The press release from my publisher, Bold Strokes Books, came out on October 19th. Below is the official statement!
October 19, 2011 Press Release: New Title from Jennifer Lavoie
Bold Strokes Books is pleased to announce the acquisition of Jennifer Lavoie’s new YA novel, Andy Squared, scheduled for release in 2012 from Bold Strokes Soliloquy Books.
Andy Squared – Coming in 2012
Seventeen-year-old twins, Andrew and Andrea Morris, have always been close. They share everything—from their friends to a room—and they both enjoy star positions on their high school’s soccer teams. All’s right with the twins…or is it?
When new student Ryder Coltrane moves from Texas to their small New York town, he spins Andrew’s world upside down. All of Andrew’s past relationship troubles begin to make sense and his true feelings start to click into place after Ryder comes out to him. His friendship with Ryder turns secretively romantic, but secrets, they soon find out, are hard to keep. Once rumors start to fly, so-called friends turn on them, and the boys’ relationship turns into a bomb about to explode. But Andrew never expected it would be his own twin, Andrea, holding a lighter to ignite it.
About the Author
Jennifer Lavoie lives in Connecticut in the same city she grew up in. While growing up, she always wanted to be a writer or a teacher and briefly debated a career in marine biology. The only problem with that was she’s deathly afraid of deep water. Starting during a holiday season as temporary help, she worked in a bookstore for six years and made it all the way up to assistant manager before she left to take a job teaching. Jennifer has her bachelor’s degree in secondary English education and found a job in her town teaching middle school students. Along with another teacher and a handful of students, Jennifer started the first Gay-Straight Alliance at the school. She is also active in other student clubs and enjoys pairing students with books that make them love to read.
Andy Squared is her first novel.
Visit Jennifer Lavoie’s Bio Page at Bold Strokes Books