I thought I would do a little reflection post on what 2011 was like for me, and what I hope 2012 will be. There are a lot of things both good and bad, and I’ll try not to focus on the bad. 🙂
(None of this is in order because all things are relative to the situation and that point in time.)
- Andy Squared was picked up for publication by Bold Strokes Books after multiple agent rejections.
- I was in an amazing relationship for almost half a year, but after that time he decided I was not the one for him, even though I felt he was the one for me. It’s like that Adam Lambert song, “Sleepwalker.”
- I started teaching seventh grade along with my eighth grade students. Fun times!
- I picked up the new, fun hobby of letterboxing. It’s been a while since I’ve gone out, but hey! It’s colder.
- I read 105 books!
- I lost my job at Borders when they closed ): but I worked there for a wonderful 6 years.
- I made some new friends, lost some old ones, but in the end I’d say it’s fairly balanced.
- Andy Squared will be published by Bold Strokes Books under their Soliloquy YA line!
- I get to work with an amazing editor and talk to awesome authors.
- I will be moving to a new school at the end of the year because my school is closing. Where I’ll be going, though, I have no idea.
- I hope to move out of my parents house and find my own home, be it an apartment, condo, or house.
- Did I mention Andy Squared will be published?
What are you looking forward to in 2012? What are you happy to say goodbye to from 2011? Let’s all stay safe, happy and healthy this new year! I’m starting it off cleaning out my old junk and organizing myself.